Saturday, December 20, 2014

Chapter 103


"Wh...what?" She couldn't have heard him right even though she was staring at a three carat radiant cut yellow diamond solitaire set in a brushed platinum band.

Jon reached over with his other hand to grasp hers. "After I asked you to move in and you were so hesitant, I spent a lot of time thinking about why and what I could do make you feel more comfortable. I realized that your concerns are all about security.....long term commitment." He lifted the ring. "This is as committed as it gets. I love you. My kids love you. We need you with us." He searched her eyes. "If I learned anything over the last couple of years it's that life's too short to take time for granted. When you find love and happiness, you have to grab it and hold on tight."

He looked down at their hands. "Dorothea tried to tell me that we would be good together, that you were who I needed, but I didn't listen. I should have. She always knew me so well." He smiled wryly. "And she was right, as usual. I can't and won't fight it anymore. I need you with me. Beside me. Always."

The mention of Dorothea and her 'plan' reminded Brianna of some of her doubts about even trying to have a relationship with him. How would she ever know if he was with her because he truly love her or because it's what Dorothea wanted? And now he wanted her to marry him? Did she dare? She loved him, but what if one day he woke up and decided he'd been pushed into something because it was easy and comfortable, but it wasn't what he wanted?

Should she follow her head or her heart?

Jon saw the indecision in her face. "Do you love me?"

"Yes."

"Do you want to be with me? Everyday and every night?"

"Yes." She answered honestly.

"Then what's the problem?"

Her mind raced to come up with a believable reason to delay. "The kids...."

"Love you and are all for this. Stephanie helped pick out the ring. There's nothing stopping us." He didn't mention their request not to rush the wedding. He'd deal with that later - or more likely, knowing Brianna, he wouldn't have to. She'd take her cues from the kids. He squeezed her hand. "We make each other happy, don't we?"

"Yes."

"Then marry me Golden Eyes."

She searched his eyes, debating her answer. She could make arguments either way, but when it came right down to it, he was right. Life's too short not to grab at happiness when you found it. Being with Jon and his children made her feel happier and more fulfilled than she had in a very long time. If she didn't take the chance she might regret it for the rest of her life.

Her lips twitched. "Isn't that supposed to be a question not a demand?"

He grinned, blue eyes twinkling now that he was sure of her answer. "Sorry. You're right. My bad." He cleared his throat. "Brianna Prentiss. Will you do me the honour of becoming my wife? Share my home, my life? Help me raise my children?" His lips twitched. "Remind me of my manners?"

Amber eyes shining, Brianna smiled. "Yes."

Jon slid the ring on her finger and leaned over to kiss her. "I love you."

"I love you too." She stroked his cheek. A beam of sunlight caught her ring, making the stone glow and sparkle. Brianna lifted her hand and shifted it watching it react to the light. "Steph did a great job. It's beautiful."

"She just approved it. I picked it out." He grumbled. His hand caught hers and he looked from the glowing diamond to her eyes. "The colour reminded me of your eyes. My Golden Eyes."

"Mmm." She leaned over to kiss him.

When it ended, Jon frowned. "Speaking of kids...."

"Yeah, I guess we should get back to the house."

He waved that aside. "They're fine. But......we never talked about whether you want to have kids. You know I've had a vasectomy, but if you want..."

She stopped him with a finger on his lips. "I think four's enough, don't you?"

He opened his mouth to clarify his meaning, then realized he'd gotten his answer. If she wanted to treat his children like her own, it was in everyone's best interest and he was quite happy with that. "Oh I have no doubt that they'll definitely keep us busy." Walking to the end of the bar, he held out his hand. "Come on. Let's go tell the kids."

They entered the house through the front door and heard rapid footsteps coming towards them.

"Daddy! Daddy! Did she say yes?" Jake wanted to know as he skidded to a stop in front of them.

"Jake! You weren't supposed to say anything! You were supposed to wait and let them tell us!" Stephanie scolded as she joined them. Turning to the adults, she smirked. "Well?"

Brianna held up her left hand.

Unsure what the gesture meant, Jake looked at his father, who nodded. "Yay!" He rushed forward to hug Brianna.

"Congratulations." Stephanie stepped forward to hug Brianna once Jake had let her go.

"Thank you." Brianna watched the younger girl's face, sensing something wasn't quite right. "Anyone want a snack?"

"Me!"

"Steph, would you help me please?"

"Sure."

In the kitchen, Brianna cut up cheese and veggies while Stephanie piled a plate with cookies and poured drinks.

"Steph....are you sure you're okay with your Dad and I getting married?"

Stephanie shrugged. "Sure."

"Steph, be honest. I hear a 'but' in there."

The teenager shrugged again. "It's fine." She adjusted the plate and glasses on a tray. "When do you think the wedding will be?"

Brianna sensed this had something to do with the girl's reservations about the marriage. Feeling like she was navigating a minefield, she picked her words carefully and hoped she was reading the signs right. "I don't know yet, but....I don't think we need to be in a big hurry, do you?" Seeing the slim shoulders sag in relief, she knew she'd made the right choice.

"No."

"We'll take our time until everyone's ready. How does that sound?"

"That sounds...good." Fighting back tears, Stephanie turned and threw her arms around the older woman's neck. "I do love you and want you with us, it's just..."

"Sssh. It's okay Sweetie. I understand. And I love you too."



Later that evening, after the kids were in bed, the adults retired to the guest house and their own private celebration.

This night there were no toys and no games. There was just gentle touches and soft kisses. Tonight was about love, not lust. It was about candlelight and soft music. It was about romance.

Jon removed her nightgown and proceeded to worship her body with hands and mouth. When she tried to return the favour, he brushed her hands aside. "No. Don't distract me."

"But..."

"Uh uh. My birthday, my rules."

With a sigh, she gave in, laid back and let him have his way. Her eyes drifted shut, lulled by the stroking of his fingers on her skin. When the calloused tips scraped her nipples, causing them to harden, she murmured her pleasure. When his lips replaced his fingers and he suckled, she gasped. Ignoring his 'no touching' decree, she slid her fingers into his hair and held him close.

While his mouth sucked and nibbled, his hand continued down her body. Over her stomach, her hip and the top of her thigh, his palm caressed before scraping his nails up her sensitive inner thigh on his way to the heart of her femininity. Parting the swollen folds, he searched for the bundle of nerves at the top of her cleft.

The first touch was like the spark of a live wire and her body jerked. "Oh!" When that torturing finger moved further down and eased inside her, she moaned.....and chuckled.

Jon lifted his head. "What's so funny?" He wasn't sure whether to pleased or pissed.

"I was just thinking that guitarists have the most talented fingers."

"Since I'm also a singer maybe we should see what you think of my tongue's talents." With that he shifted down, trailing open mouthed kisses over her torso.

 The anticipation of what his words might mean parted her thighs as effectively as if he'd used his hands. The first swipe of his tongue made her cry out. The moisture drenching his buried finger told him it a cry of pleasure not pain. He added a second finger and closed his lips around her clit. Tongue and fingers moved in tandem until her head was thrashing back and forth on the pillow and her body writhed beneath him.

Then he pulled away.

"No! Don't stop!" Brianna reached out for him, but couldn't get a good grip. "Don't you dare leave!"

"Shhh. Easy Golden Eyes. I'm not going anywhere." He tried to soothe her. Stretching out on top of her, he braced his weight on his elbows and smoothed the hair off of her face. "I've got something you'll like even better."

That made her pause, lips twitching at his certainty. "Pretty cocky there aren't you Mr. Bongiovi?"

"Yep." As he spoke he slid inside her and watched her eyes dilate with pleasure and begin to glow. "Complaining soon-to-be Mrs. Bongiovi?"

"About the equipment?" She tightened her internal muscles to squeeze his buried cock, grinning when his breath hissed through his teeth. "No. But I do have issues with the length of time I have to wait for it." She squeezed again.

Jon closed his eyes and groaned. "Okay, okay. I get the point." He caged her face between his hands and bent to kiss her. Lifting his head he stared into her eyes as his hips began to move.

Their eyes remained locked as they moved together, letting the flames of their passion build slowly, but surely towards eruption. When they couldn't hold it back any longer, they exploded together.

When they'd caught their breath, they lay cuddled together, Brianna's head on Jon's shoulder, her left arm draped across his chest.

 Jon picked up her hand and rubbed her ring with his thumb. "You really like it?"

"Mmmm. It's beautiful. But this was supposed to be your day you know." Brianna reminded him.

"Mmhmmm and making you part of my life forever was my gift to myself." He kissed her temple. "I give the best gifts."

Looking at the sparkling gem on her finger, she couldn't argue.


6 comments:

  1. soooo beautiful written!!!
    they are perfect for each other... love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea, Jon finally made Bri his.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!
    Now how can they help kids get comfortable with the actual wedding...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw that was a beautiful chapter...except I just put my make-up on & now have to start my eyes again...lol..thanx for that Liz...

    ReplyDelete